Thank you for your interest in our scholarship. The submission deadline for the 2021 Scholarship is April 22nd, 2021. More details regarding the application are listed below.
Our goal is to provide scholarship funds to financially deserving young women and men planning to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU). Also, if the student has participated in a school’s ROTC program they will be given priority, provided the student meets the compatible qualifications as other applicants. Such scholarships provide life-long opportunities for students
and a better-educated workforce for the community.
Consideration will be given to students who has demonstrated a financial need for funds. The names of the scholarship winners will be announced after review of all applications and completion of the interview process. All applicants will be notified by mail and/or during their high school awards night program, or at an event that the Section deems appropriate. Upon proof of admission and enrollment all scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the student.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements. Awards will be made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion or national origin. All eligible applicants will be interviewed by a panel before a selection is made. In addition, the applicant must:
- Be a Broward County resident.
- Be a high school senior currently enrolled in a Broward County Public School.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must meet eligibility qualifications:
- Complete and sign the application.
- Submit a current sealed official transcript.
- Submit two (2) letters of references. One letter MUST be from a school faculty member (Teacher, Guidance Counselor or BRACE).
- Please note: The letter of references MUST be addressed to the Scholarship Committee or to whom it may concern.
- Submit a hard copy of the student’s FAFSA application. (If financial information is not reported on FAFSA)
- Student must submit family’s most recent Income Tax Return.
- Submit a professional wallet-size photo (non-proof) or an official passport photo. NO EXCEPTIONS. (Passport photo may be taken at your local postal service or available pharmacy).
- Submit proof of acceptance to HBCU college/university.
- Submit hard copy of ACT or SAT most recent scores.
- Submit a typed essay (500-1000 words).
Fall 2021 application deadline period is April 22, 2021. Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than April 22, 2021.
Please mail complete application to:
BROWARD COUNTY SECTION NATIONAL COUNCIL NEGRO WOMEN, INC.
P.O. Box 8361 • Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33310