Thank you for your interest in our scholarship. The submission deadline for the 2021 Scholarship is March 18, 2022. More details regarding the application are listed below.
Our goal is to provide scholarship funds to financially deserving young women and men planning to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU). Also, if the student has participated in a school’s ROTC program they will be given priority, provided the student meets the compatible qualifications as other applicants. Such scholarships provide life-long opportunities for students and a better-educated workforce for the community.
Consideration will be given to students who has demonstrated a financial need for funds. The names of the scholarship winners will be announced after review of all applications and completion of the interview process. All applicants will be notified by mail and/or during their high school awards night program, or at an event that the Section deems appropriate. Upon proof of admission and enrollment all scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the student.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements. All eligible applicants will be interviewed by a panel before selection. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Materials submitted will not be returned. The documents, listed below, are required and must be included for the application to be considered:
- Completed and signed application;
- A current sealed official transcript;
- Two signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead (one must be from a teacher, guidance counselor or BRACE advisor and addressed to the Scholarship Committee);
- Hard copy of most recent ACT or SAT scores;
- Wallet sized or passport photo;
- Verification of FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC);
- Proof of acceptance to a HBCU; and a
- Typed essay (500-1000 words) doubled spaced responding to:
“What are your future goals and how will this scholarship aid in attaining those goals?” Use a standard 12 point font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
Fall 2022 application deadline period is March 18, 2022. Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than March 18, 2022.
Please mail complete application to:
BROWARD COUNTY SECTION NATIONAL COUNCIL NEGRO WOMEN, INC.
P.O. Box 8361 • Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33310