2023 Scholarship Application Window
Broward County Section National Council of Negro Women, Inc. Post Office Box 8361 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310 954-588-5560
Website: www.browardncnw.org Email: email@example.com
To provide scholarship funds to financially deserving high school graduating female students planning to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU Such scholarships provide life-long opportunities for students and a better educated workforce for the community.
Consideration will be given to graduating seniors who are
- a Broward County resident
- enrolled in a Broward County School
- maintain a minimum GPA 3.0
- a United States citizen
- demonstrate financial need
- and will attend an HBCU.
The scholarship recipient(s) will be announced after review of all applications and completion of the interview process. Recipient(s) will be notified by mail and/or during their high school awards night program, or at an event that the Section deems appropriate.
Scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the student upon proof of admission and enrollment in the college or university.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements. All eligible applicants will be interviewed by a panel before selection.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Materials submitted will not be returned.
The documents listed below, are required and must be included for the application to be considered:
- Completed and signed application
- A current sealed official transcript
- Two signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead
- (one must be from a teacher, guidance counselor or BRACE advisor and addressed to the Scholarship Committee)
- Hard copy of most recent ACT or SAT scores
- Wallet sized or passport photo
- Verification of FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)
- Proof of acceptance to a HBCU
- and a Typed essay (500-1000 words) doubled spaced responding to: “What are your future goals and how will this scholarship aid in attaining those goals?”
- Use a standard 12 point font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
The application deadline is March 18, 2022. The applications must be submitted electronically or postmarked via U.S. postal mail no later than February 17, 2023.
Mail complete application packet to:
Scholarship Committee Broward County Section NCNW P. O. Box 8361 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310
NOTE: Materials will not be returned and an incomplete application will not be considered.